How to play SWF files on Mac OS X with free SWF player for Mac?
SWF is a very popular format used for animation on the web pages. It is small with powerful interactivity, and incorporates sound and video and even bitmap files. Originally, the term SWF was used as an abbreviation for ShockWave Flash. This usage was changed to the Small Web Format to eliminate confusion with a different technology, Shockwave, from which SWF was derived.
A major advantage of SWF format is that it is vector based. This means that the graphics can be scaled easily, so they can be zoomed in or be fit onto different size screens, and the file will still look very clear and play very smooth. Other advantages of SWF format includes fast loading, easy and smooth compression (like PNG format), and it also supports transparencies (like PNG and GIF).
Every format has its own disadvantage. There are not many with SWF but a major one is compatibility. You can not play a video in SWF format unless the Macromedia Flash installed on the computer. Is there any other solutions to play SWF on Mac OS? Free SWF Player for Mac offers advanced and unique features that allow you to play, rewind, fast-forward and preview SWF files frame-by-frame, and also create and manage playlists, zoom movies in and out, fit to current window size or restore to original one, set playback quality, control Flash security, check SWF file's comprehensive information and lots more.
Key Features of the SWF Player for Mac Pro version:
- View Flash animation in fullscreen mode
- Save Flash animation to hard drive
- Make a screenshot of the current frame
- Convert Flash movies into the series of images
- Play, pause, fast-forward, rewind, frame-by-frame playback and browse through Adobe SWF/FLV files
- Zoom in/out your movie to display a specific part of SWF file
- Browse websites for Flash animation
- Download SWF/FLV files from web-pages
- Open and play any SWF/FLV file on the web directly
- Save Flash animation to hard drive with all the external resources it uses (PRO version only)
- View Flash animation in fullscreen (PRO version only)
- SWF/FLV playlists management: shuffle, repeat one item or the whole list
- Free version of SWF & FLV Player now enables full playback of FLV movie files
- Make a screenshot of the current frame (PRO version only)
- Convert SWF and FLV movies into the series of images (PRO version only)
- Obtain detailed information about SWF/FLV files (size, SWF version, frame rate, shapes/morphs/fonts/ActionScripts/sounds/etc.)
- Restrict access to external resources such as sending/receiving data via Internet or using third-party SWF resources by utilizing advanced security options
- Fit into current window and restore the original SWF file size in one click
- Built-in sound volume control
- Easy-to-use and intuitive interface
- Fully control the playback
- Browse Web for Flash movies
- Customize additional preferences
SWF Player for Mac Pro Version Related products:
1. SWF Player for Mac Pro Version - [Company License]
Based on the standard Macromedia Flash player for Mac OS X, SWF Movie Player by Eltima Software offers advanced and unique features.
2. SWF Player for PC Pro Version - [For Windows]
SWF Player for PC Pro Version is a powerful but tiny Flash movie player. SWF Player for PC Pro Version features advanced and unique functions allowing you to not only play, rewind, fast-forward and preview SWF and FLV files frame-by-frame, but also create and manage playlists, and save Flash movies directly from websites.